Cooling Tower Resources (CTR) is a forest products manufacturing and supply company, meeting the new construction and aftermarket repair requirements of the cooling tower industry. Founded in 1979, our company emerged as a leader in forest products distribution and manufacturing. In 1996 the company modified its business model and focused on manufacturing prefabricated lumber and plywood components for applications serving many industries. Today, CTR is a leader in manufacturing prefabricated components and assemblies for the cooling tower, water treatment, and playground industries. CTR is also a leading distributor of fiberglass structural shapes and grating, serving a vast array of industries, including power generation, petrochemical, and oil & gas.
More than 100,000 square feet of remanufacturing and
fabrication facilities on 10 acres in Northern California and Texas
Inventory Management, Logistical Support
- CTR operates the largest wood processing plants in the cooling tower and lumber industries in the Western states and the Gulf Coast.
- Over 100,000 square feet of remanufacturing and fabrication facilities in Northern California and Texas
- CTR can mill lumber to both metric and standard ALS sizes.
- Multi-function boring machines integrated with state of the art CNC technology
- Production capacity exceeding 800,000 BM monthly
- Close proximity to Port of Oakland and Port of Houston eases the stress of off shore shipping to our international customers.
- CTR maintains an inventory of 304 & 316 stainless steel hardware as well as structural shapes and decking, fans, fill, fill hanger supports, lath and so much more for most cooling towers in operation today.
- Our fabrication shop also makes wood and FRP assemblies and parts including pipe saddle supports, splash boxes, hot water basins, and louver arms and supports.
- CTR also serves the wastewater treatment industry in manufacturing Redwood Bio-filtration Media, Redwood flocculators, and Redwood sewage treatment scraper paddles.
“In business over 35 years, we strive to meet or exceed our customers’ expectations. We have to . . . because every piece of structural lumber that leaves our facility has our name on it.
Gordon Martin, President
Lumber mill and CCA facility, MOE testing, Assembly, FRP Fabrication
- Full service milling facility
- High-speed high throughput multi-function boring center
- M.O.E. testing and quality assurance lab
- More than 800,000 board feet of inventory
- Wide range of lumber and plywood grades and dimensions
- Large staging area for shipment consolidation and packaging
- Assembled trusses, bent walls, grid decks, fill hanger supports and ladders
Expedited delivery to your job site
- More than 500,000 board feet of inventory
- Distribution Systems and nozzles
- Fabrication Resources
- Structural FRP shapes and decking
- Molded and pultruded fiberglass grating
- Container loading services for offshore shipments
- 304 and 316 stainless steel hardware
- Emergency preparedness supplies including FRP casing, fan stacks, gearboxes, cooling fans and more